For most consumers, the main thing that they pay attention to when it comes to a vehicle is the price of gas. Although there are many maintenance concerns that people think about on a less regular basis, the price of gas is a constant. From collecting fuel points at major grocery stores to filling prescriptions at a pharmacy that offers fuel discounts, many consumers will go to great lengths to make sure that they are getting the best price on gas.
On the production side, however, there are the continued developments of everything from universal diesel fuel pumps to diesel fuel filter manufacturers. Through their efforts, fuel filter manufacturers, are making and improving fuel efficiency parts to help create higher ratings of miles per gallon. Diesel fuel filters, for instance, are a great way to make sure that large corporations that make even minor improvements can save thousands, if not millions, of dollars for large trucking corporations.
Consider some of these latest statistics about fuel efficiency advancements and how these can affect the purchases that consumers make, as well as the nation’s economy:
- A diesel engine compresses air to one out of 20 parts per volume.
- A diesel engine can power a vehicle anywhere between 400 to 800 miles on a single tank of gas.
- For every 100 cars sold in the U.S., one is a diesel engine car.
- Every kind of fuel filter is designed to withstand the minimum of 75 psi internal differential pressure.
- Fuel filters help to keep out four key impurities including dirt, water, scale, and rust.
- Ranging from 30,000 psi or more, fuel injection pressures begin extremely high in an effort to force fuel into tiny droplets and increase the surface area of the fuel. This process maximizes the chances of combustion.
Consumers are constantly searching for methods that can help them save on the gas money that is needed to keep their cars running. On the other side of the production spectrum. manufacturer’s are doing their part to increase efficiency in the fuel pumps that are used in all kinds of vehicles.