If you need repairs done on your car, it can be difficult to know where to go to have the repairs done. Even if you receive several estimates, they can vary wildly. How do you know which auto body repair shop is the right one for you? These tips will help you find the best auto body shop.
- Word of Mouth – Any business can advertise, but you’ll have better luck with a shop that a friend or family member recommends. This means that they know how to satisfy their customers, even though they may not be the biggest or most well-known shop in town.
- Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen – Labor hours is what’s going to really run up your bill at a paint and body shop, so you’ll want to pay attention to the staff they have working there. Large body repair shops with a lot of front-end workers, like receptionists and managers, will have to charge a higher labor cost in order to pay their workers.
- Shop Around – Take your car to several automotive body shops for repair quotes, but don’t necessarily go with the shop that gave you the lowest estimate. If one shop gave you an estimate that was considerably lower than the others, there’s obviously something they’re not doing, which could lead to major problems for you down the road. If there’s a slight difference between the estimates provided by two different body repair shops, and you like the higher-priced shop more, bring them the other shop’s estimate and see if they can match it.
- Good Questions – You want to ask the smart questions about your car’s repair. Does the stop stand by their work and offer a warranty? Do they carry fire and theft insurance? How long have they been in business? What materials will they be using?
- Trust Your Gut – If you have a bad feeling about the shop or the owner, and something just doesn’t feel right, trust your gut. It doesn’t matter if they offer you the lowest prices with big smiles on their faces, you want to be comfortable with and have confidence in the shop that will be taking care of your vehicle.