With so many car dealerships in Rochester NY, it can be overwhelming to choose where to go to buy a new or used car. A car is an expensive investment, so before you go to any car dealership, you should research several companies and cars to find what one is best for you. Here are some interesting facts about Subaru and new Chevy dealers, two huge auto companies that have car dealerships in Rochester NY as well as around the country.
1. The famous symbol for Chevrolet has been around for over 100 years.
In fact, last year was it’s 100th anniversary — the famous bowtie emblem was first used in 2013, and now it’s seen by millions of Americans every day.
2. The Chevy brand occasionally makes an appearance in songs.
Chevy is mentioned in over 1,000 songs, and many artists sing or rap about the quality, durability, and flashy appearance of Chevy cars and trucks.
3. Somewhere in the world, a Chevy is sold every six and a half seconds.
This might seem shocking, but it makes sense when you consider that Chevy cars and trucks are on the road in over 65% of the world. It’s hard to leave the house without seeing a Chevy on the road!
4. Subaru originates in Japan, and Subaru of America begin in 1968 in Philadelphia.
Subaru’s parent company is a huge Japanese transportation company, Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI). FHI leads its industry as the 26th largest automaker worldwide. Subaru dealers came to the United States in 1968 to gain footing in the American automotive market, and since then they have grown to be a widely known and respected auto company in the U.S.
5. Lafayette, Indiana is home to the first auto assembly plant to achieve zero landfill status, and Subaru is responsible for this environmentally friendly gesture.
Subaru is committed to sustainable manufacturing practices, and this is important to their business as well as to the global environment. They aim to reduce their impact worldwide, from small car dealerships in Rochester NY to larger manufacturing plants across the world.
6. Subaru continues to practice sustainable production every day.
Subaru was one of the first auto companies to make a breakthrough at its auto assembly plant, but its commitment to the environment didn’t stop there. Subaru incorporates recyclable materials into every single vehicle, which means that Subaru inventory vehicles have a 97.3% recycling ratio rate. So if you buy a used Subaru for sale, you know it’s good for the environment.