The trades industry is really pushing to get a new generation of workers.
During a time when so many of the high schools in this country are promoting four year college degrees, there are a number of industries that are suffering. From metal workers to electricians to plumbers and construction contractors, there are many jobs that are very difficult to fill. For this reason, specific knowledge of mil spec oils and lubricants and other kinds of specialty lubricants can lead to a profitable career. And while there are some jobs that require four year degrees, there are also a large number of well paying options that are available to those people who have taken a two year course of study at a trade school.
Whether your interest is in mil spec oils and lubricants, stick wax lubricants, or other kinds of industrial supplies, there are high paying jobs that are available in many parts of the country.
The Latest Synthetic Lubricants Offer a Number of Advantages in Many Industries
Cooling, lubrication, chip removal, and corrosion control are the four main functions of metalworking fluids. And while every kind of lubricant has its own qualities, there are many skilled craft workers who understand the details of mil spec oils and lubricants and how they are applied in a variety of different settings. Consider some of these facts and fugures about the mil spec oils and lubricants industry and the role that they play in not only individual companies, but also the economy of the nation:
- Metalworking lubricants, coolants, and fluids all play a vital role in various kinds of machining. Typically, a substantial flow of fluids, approximately between four and 20 liters a minute, is used in the metal removal process.
- Cost reductions from recycling metalworking fluids can be substantial. For instance, some of the latest research indicates that there is a potential 8% volume reduction against a system that does not include recycling.
- 89% of lubrication professionals consider an oil’s viscosity index when selecting a lubricant, according to a recent survey.
- More than $4 billion worth of metalworking fluids was anticipated to be consumed for lubricating transportation equipment across the globe in a 12 month period, according to a Future Market Insights report in 2017.
- Semi-synthetic lubricants contain less than 30% oil content in concentrate while pure synthetics, in comparison, contain no oil whatsoever.
- Manufacturing companies estimate that 70% of their unplanned equipment shutdowns in the last three years were caused by incorrect lubricant management or selection, according to a recent study.
- Nearly 2.5 million metric tonnes of metalworking fluids were sold across the globe in 2015, according to Future Market Insights’ report from 2016.
- Only 42% of manufacturing companies have all the correct procedures in place to manage lubricants effectively, according to a recent international study.
- 63% of manufacturing companies admit they do not conduct staff training on lubricants as regularly as they should, according to that same recent international study.
- The metal working fluid (MWF) market will reach $9.74 billion by the end of the year 2020, according to a 2016 report projected that the metalworking fluids.
From resellers to military and government agencies to a wide range of industries and manufacturing sites, there is a need for workers who understand the use of various kinds of lubricants. And while this is knowledge that may not be learned in a four year college degree, it is included in the curriculum of many two year trade degrees. With more than 400 million entrepreneurs worldwide, there is a need for many kinds of employees in a wide range of fields. Unfortunately, we have just finished two decades when the focus for high school graduates has been to attend a four year college. As a result, however, there are many times when some kinds of fields cannot find all of the employees that they need. This is problematic when it comes to there production of many of the items that consumers need. From aeronautics parts to automobile manufacturing lines, there are many times when it is important to find the best employees to make sure that the nation’s economy progresses as it should. It is never too late to make a career change and get the training that you need.