Is Your Family in the Need of a New or Used Car?
The search has started again.
After 17 peaceful months of having four cars for the four drivers in your home, your daughter ran into problems with her pickup when she was making the 12 hour drive back to campus after fall break. She was able to make it back to her dorm, but you it is apparent that you will need to pay for some extensive repairs or find a replacement vehicle. You already have two Ford Escapes in the garage and your husband is hoping that you can find another Ford Escape or a Ford Explorer. With a pretty limited budget in mind, you will definitely be looking for a used care or a used truck and you want to find dealers who will stand behind any vehicles that they sell.
It is going to take some work, but you hope to find a car or a truck that is both reliable and affordable. Used vehicles can be a great deal, but you need to make sure that you work with a reputable dealer who will stand behind the vehicles that they sell. Consider some of these facts and figures about the new and used car market and the decisions that families need to make when they are in the process of searching for some new wheels:
- Owning a car comes with a lot of responsibility
- No two used cars are exactly the same, so it is important to do your research and make your purchase from a trusted auto dealer.
- The average vehicle will have as many as three owners in its lifetime.
- Hyundai dealerships, Ford dealerships, and other dealers do not only sell their own cars. For instance, you can sometimes find a Ford Escape at a Honda or Hyundai dealership.
- Estimates indicate that as many as 43% of people need financing to get the vehicle that they want.
- Research shows that cars with tires that are under-inflated by 25% are three times more likely to be part of a crash involving tire problems, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study.
- On average, nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands each year between dealership sales and private-party transactions.
- As of the year 2017, The Ford F-series has been America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years. From the time that it was first offered in 1977, this has been a favorite of drivers of all ages.
- Drivers often have a preference in the kind of car that they buy. For instance, some people will only drive a Ford because it is the first cat that they ever bought.
- As many as 43% of consumers see going to the dealership as an opportunity to learn about the cars that they are most interested in.
- Getting the proper maintenance can help the car that you buy last longer.
- According to Autotrader’s Car Buyer of the Future study, 84% of consumers prefer to buy a car in person, rather than online.
- In a recent survey, 77% of respondents indicated that their cars were in need of maintenance or repairs.
- Noticing the strengths of a used care and looking for the weaknesses can help you get a good sense of the value of the vehicle that you are purchasing.
Before you can get ON THE ROAD AGAIN you need to find the car, truck, or SUV that you can rely on. Finding that vehicle, however, can take time and attention to detail to make sure that you make the right decision.