Like any other big purchase, it’s important to carefully consider all the factors when deciding to buy a golf cart. Just running a web search for “cheap golf carts near me for sale” is bound to return carts in all kinds of conditions. Searching for “cheap golf cart near me” has similar problems. Searching “buy used golf cart near me” is more likely to bring up licensed dealerships that also sell golf carts, a good option if you don’t care for taking your chances with buying from the original owner.
Golf cart parts can usually be gotten for decent prices from both dealers and other enthusiasts, but that’s only useful if you have the time, skills, and inclination to work on the cart yourself. If you do, then there are a few main things to consider. First, check the battery. They often last between three and six years and can be pretty costly to replace.
Other factors include checking the body for damage and making sure your budget can take the extra strain. Another factor to consider is where you’ll store the cart when you’re not using it. But overall, if you’re looking for a cost-effective way to cruise, golf carts, which can carry golfing equipment like those from The Indoor Golf Shop, are a great option.
Golf carts are for more than just golf. More and more, people will buy an Icon golf cart to get around their community. The Villages is a retirement community in Florida with more than 70,000 residents. It has about 100 miles of golf cart trails for residents to use. The prices for new golf carts can ran from $3,000 to $30,000. Many people are turning to pre-owned golf carts.
Tips for buying pre-owned golf carts:
- Ask about the battery. A battery can cost as much as $600 to replace. Given the entire cart costs start at $2,000 that is a big chunk of money. They should last between three and six years and have their date on them.
- Check your budget. How much can you afford? Like making any other purchase, you need to go in knowing what you want to spend. You can get a ton of features ranging from extra seats to radios and removable windshields. Some features that come standard on cars need to be added as features in a golf cart. These include headlights, horns and mirrors.
- Look at the body, tires and canopy. Look for rust or dents, the tire pressure and holes in the tires. Golf cart tires cost about $90 to replace.
- Take it for a spin. Like cars, you can test drive a pre-owned golf cart. Take it out and see how it handles. It is easy for yo to drive? Are the brakes in good working order? Is it comfortable?
- Where will you store it? You should not leave a pre-owned golf cart out in the elements. You will extend the life of the cart. Golf carts are also fairly easy to steal. By keeping it indoors you can keep it from being stolen.
Golf carts are allowed on some roads. Nine states do not let people under 13 drive golf carts and several others have limits until ages 14 or 15. Most states allow these carts to be driven on roads where the speed limit is under 35 miles per hour. It is recommended that people who plan to drive their carts on the street get horns, mirrors and headlights for safety.
Pre-owned golf carts are very affordable for many people. They allow people to get more features and options than they might be able to afford in a new model. Pre-owned golf cart dealers are located around the country near communities where they are used a lot. There are a number of pre-owned golf cart dealers in Florida, for instance.