Replacing the Starter on a Jeep Cherokee
Occasionally, the starters of Jeep Cherokees do not perform well and you do not know why. For this situation, I have had to alter an additional one in keep parking tons, driveways and most just lately in front of my son’s apartment. By applying this, your Jeep will run again quickly and you can probably avoid a towing bill.
For most folks, there is a lot of area to get accessibility the starter with no even jacking up the Jeep. In truth, not jacking it up makes it simpler to get the starter past the manage arm when removing it from the engine bay. Follow these steps as a guideline:
- Remove the adverse battery cable
- Remove 8MM nut that holds the starter set off wire to the solenoid.
- Get rid of the reduced mounting bolt. Note this is an SAE bolt with 9/sixteen head. It goes in from the front of the starter.
- Take away the upper bolt. This 1 is metric with a 15 MM head that goes in from the transmissionside.
- Eliminate the starter and lower it sufficient to remove the battery cable from the terminal. This is a 13MM.
To set up the new starter, first install the battery cable in area and move the trigger wire out of the way. Follow these next steps:
- Position the starter so that it indexes into the hole in the backing plate. Start off the upper bolt but do not tighten. This is the shorter metric 1.
- Commence the decrease bolt (longer SAE one) and make certain the starter is aligned appropriately with the hole in the backing plate. Tighten the bolts.
- Attach the set off wire and tighten the nut.
- Reattach the battery cable.
Following every thing is back in place, you can turn the important and start up your Jeep. Be confident to reset your clock and radio presets that you loose by disconnecting the battery.Tags: Cherokee, Jeep, Replacing, Starter, Tips, tricks